The MBUSI Innovation Challenge is a national innovation competition presented in partnership by Mercedes-Benz U.S. International, Urban Engine, The University of Alabama and Startup Autobahn that affords technology companies the opportunity to present their capabilities for a chance to work with Mercedes-Benz U.S. International (MBUSI).
MBUSI has put forth a series of challenges that are designed to inspire creativity in the automotive sector through collaboration and energize current and next-generation startups and problem-solvers to build innovative solutions using creative business strategies, software development, and technology.
******The entry deadline, to include initial presentation, is May 15, 2018.*****
The program is open to startups and students who are capable of solving one of the eight challenges developed internally by MBUSI.
2018 MBUSI Innovation Challenges:
- Challenge #1: Develop a system that combines all MBUSI services for employees
- Challenge #2: Improve the lunch experience for MBUSI employees
- Challenge #3: Vehicle tracking throughout the plant and new vehicle parking area
- Challenge #4: Implement augmented reality solutions in key processes
- Challenge #5: Drone based inventory counting
- Challenge #6: Big Data analytics for optimizing inventory levels per Part Number
- Challenge #7: Universal application for all supplier representatives to use at MBUSI for issue capturing
- Challenge #8: Automated kitting / sequencing cells using robotics
Competition prizes by category
- Prize award of up to $5,000
- Access to University of Alabama EDGE accelerator/incubator labs
Startups / Professional Groups
- Up to $50,000 to further develop the concept into a viable technical solution
- Direct access to a representative with the chance to become a supplier to MBUSI
- A special invitation opportunity to pitch within Startup Autobahn's event in Stuttgart, Germany
- Finalists may qualify to pitch exclusively to a wide audience of industry leaders such as Daimler, AG, Bosch groups.